Thursday, June 09, 2005

Rambling Thoughts

What a pleasant morning it has been, other than the heat. Of course, I really don't mind the heat. I am not real keen on 90's, unless I can go swimming in my friend's pool (thank you Bets!), but I don't mind 80's too bad. When the weather is like this you can make the most of the summer. There are way more outside activities that can be done in the sun than in rain. I realize that drought is not good though, and I don't want that at all, but it can rain at night, can't it? When we are all sleeping. Unless we are camping. No rain at night when camping. That is just a drag. Ok. So maybe I am being a little too picky. Sorry, God. I guess a little drizzle at night while camping would be acceptable.

We went camping around Memorial Day last year. It was fun and it actually rained quite a bit. We had a good sized tent. We were able to fit a queen sized air mattress, two sleeping bags, and a portable crib in our tent. I specifically remember taking my journal into the tent with me, lying on the mattress, and journaling all my thoughts and feelings. The rain pelting the roof of our tent comforted me as I wrote. I love that sound. It reminds me of when the rain hits the awnings on our house in the middle of the night, when all is still. I enjoy stillness and quiet.

This morning Petey and I woke up before Chloe and were able to enjoy the stillness of the morning. We went outside so he could do his business, but we ended up staying outside for a while so I could enjoy the peace and so he could burn off some of his energy. He has lots of that in the morning. I could but always choose a leisurely morning. It's a habit, a bad one at that. How I wish I could be different in the morning. I am not at all a grumpy morning person, nor have I ever been, but I am just not productive. I always say I am going to try to get up and bake some bread, or write, but somehow I just end up lounging in bed until Chloe wakes up, or watching Good Morning America. Why I wonder? Why can't I just get up and be productive.

Last night I prayed for God to show me what He wants for my life. I do want to do something that makes a difference in people's lives, but I don't know what. Did Jesus know what He was going to do before He did it? His real work began in his 30's. Perhaps I will be a late bloomer. I will never do what He did, but perhaps I could be a bit like him. I trust He will show me.

Chloe, Petey and I just came inside. We were going to go for a walk, but it was just too much work with Petey. He was too hot anyway, and I did not want him to overheat. On the way back we stopped at Wilda's house. She was outside working. She is one of our neighbors and last night she and her husband Bill celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. Nick, the children, and I were invited and were honored to share that special day with them. It was a huge bash held at their Lutheran church. We were late, and the pews were full so we stayed in the back lobby watching and listening. Several people spoke about the two of them, their involvement in the community, and of course their relationship together. Then they renewed their vows. It was lovely and amazing that two people could share so many years and memories together. What a blessing and inspiration. How I hope and pray that will be Nick and me.

Danielle's poison oak is much better this week. Her legs are still red and itchy, but her face is almost back to normal. I can't believe how long that stuff irritates, and couldn't imagine what it would be like without the medicine.

Well, I am going to go put Chloe down for her nap, and will try to blog again sometime soon. Blog to ya later!

No comments: