Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Busy, Busy, Busy

For some reason, it seems as though these last few weeks have been jam packed with busy stuff to do. I don't know exactly what has made it so hectic, but it has been. Last week was Danielle's last week of school. Now it's time for summer break. I think that means break for her, not me. I love it though. It is so nice to have her home with me. I am also babysitting two other children, Sam and Alex, for the summer. I watch them Monday through Friday and they are a delight to have in my home. They are bright and full of energy. The last few days I have spent trying to get a decent routine going. Children need routine--Sam and Alex especially. They spent their entire lives going to a daycare where structure was very important, but the daycare was just closed down because enrollment was down. They crave daily routine, so I will try and give it to them. Perhaps this will be good for me too.

Today I took them to the local library to sign them up for the summer reading program. They enjoy reading and were all excited.

Petey the puppy is also doing great! He is adorable and very smart. I think he is almost housebroken. He had one slip-up yesterday, but I was out of the room and did not realize that he had to go out. He stays inside most of the time now. That is where he prefers to be. He knows what's good for him!

My writing? Well, it is not going so very well. I have not been doing any at all. I want to, but have not made time. Nick tells me not to say "I don't have time." After all, it is about prioritizing. I could skip the laundry or the dishes, but I don't. I do them and then feel badly about myself at the end of the day because I haven't written. If I skipped the house chores I would feel badly about that--and so would Nick. So I don't write. Poor outlook, huh? I need to just jump in and do it. That's exactly what I am going to do. Tomorrow when Chloe is sleeping I am going to start making calls for my article. I need to inform people about Postpartum Anxiety. New moms need to know they aren't going crazy, that they are suffering from something real and that they will get better. I needed that encouragement when I was going through it.

Well, my little brother's friend went into the army recently and I need to go get his address so I can send him a card. He is a wonderful young man, but doesn't have much family so he needs all the encouragement he can get. Talk to you soon--hopefully!

2 comments:

Betsy Henning said...

We are busy, busy, busy people. But this is all part of the abundant life. And it gives us lots to write about -- or at least blog about!

You pray for me, I'll pray for you that we can make the time. It's important, just like you said.

Love, Bets

Betsy Henning said...

A counter!!! How cool.