Today is September 1, and that can only mean one thing for me. It's time for me to update you on how I did with the goals I set for myself in a recent post.
So here is what I accomplished:
(1) Educate myself every day to refresh my mind and skills. This was the easy part. Unfortunately, I could read books and articles on writing all day long. This is not a bad thing, but when you do too much reading, that means less writing. I didn't get too carried away with this goal though.
(2) Search daily for jobs. I can't honestly say I've stuck with this one. I have been so busy with other things, I have pushed it aside.
(3) Contact former customers and let them know I am writing again. I have contacted almost all of my former customers and this reaped great results!
(4) Blog twice a week. This was way more difficult than I planned it to be. Obviously, I did not meet this goal.
(5)Work on my writing website. This also did not happen.
(6) Acquire at least two paying jobs. I'm so excited to say I made this one happen. I got two long term positions, and landed an article! Yippee!!!
It was difficult for me to reach all of my goals this time. There have been things going on in my personal life that have made it challenging. One of the biggest problems was that I had to share my PC with my daughter who attends school online. Her computer was down for a couple weeks and she had dealines to meet. That was the priority, so my blogging and website goals had to wait.
I've also been busy getting Chloe ready for kindergarten. I can't believe my baby is ready to start school. I am going to miss her so much, as she has been a huge part of my life over the past five years. This is a new page for her and for me, but it's a part of growing up...a part of life, and it's all good.
Other less important, but very rewarding things I have been busy with are the typical baking and kitchen things that consume a great chunk of my day. In fact, I have been busy canning and enjoying the fruits of the harvest season...pickles, peaches, and peppers...and there's still more to come. Canning is a lot of work, but such a treat to feed my family foods prepared by my own two hands. We are so blessed.
So I didn't meet all of my goals, but I did the best that I could, and still ended up with good results. I am so happy to have gotten some work, but plan to continue setting my goals and striving to reach them every month - always remembering to reach a little higher with each new set!
I hope your week has started out as a great one, and that you, too, are setting goals and achieving all that's important in your lives! Have an awesome day!