Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Free Software You've GOT to Try!

Usually, the conversion from the harsh cold months of winter to the much awaited warmer spring weather seems to happen suddenly - sometimes even over night. But this year, I really kept my eyes on things! I payed attention to the grass as it turned from dingy to the most lush shade of green that can only exist in the early weeks of spring. I have watched closely as trees have begun to bud and as the flowers have popped up in the cool, moist earth! I love it! When people ask me what my favorite season is, how can I tell them when I'm really not sure myself! Every season holds a special charm. Right now, my favorite season is Spring!

I've been doing a lot of rambling just to get to my point. With spring finally here, I've been doing some major spring cleaning, and I have to say that I am very thankful to a friend of mine. Mig from eWritings - Online Public Relations contacted me via email asking me to try out some awesome software that one of her clients recently developed. I've known Mig for a few years now and trust her explicitly. Her desire to keep children safe on the internet has been an ongoing crusade of hers for years. And honestly, it's a desire I share with her. Of course, I downloaded the software.

It's FREE and it's called KIDO'Z and believe me, it's a lifesaver, maybe even literally! It allows your children to play on the computer without having to worry that they might see or get into something that is inappropriate. Everything is parent filtered and it's ads-free, too! I can't tell you how many times one of my girls clicked on ads before using KIDO'Z, thinking it was something legitimate only to find out it wasn't.

I LOVE KIDO'Z and my children do too! Let me tell you one more thing. Several months ago, our family had a very scary incident involving my oldest daughter and a potential predator. Since that time, I have restricted all of their activity online. My oldest daughter still needs it for school, but I restricted my five-year-old completely. I simply didn't want to risk something horrible happening to them. Now, I don't have to worry. KIDO'Z is safe. My children can play all the games they enjoy and I don't have to worry - and I can do all the spring cleaning I want!

If you have children you should truly consider downloading KIDO'Z and give it a try! It was developed by a father - a loving parent, just like you, just like me - who wanted to keep his children safe on the internet. Spread the word and let all of your friends who have children know all about KIDO'Z. Let's keep our own "Kiddos" safe while they get to enjoy plaing games that enhance learning on the internet!

Download KIDO'Z for FREE here: http://kidoz.net/

1 comment:

Matt Keegan said...

Hi Lisa!

I installed Kido'z for my children last week and the feedback I've been getting from them and my wife has been very positive.

I'll be writing my review of this children's browser in June at Matt's Musings and I'm certain I'll be agreeing with your points as well.