This past weekend I came to the realization that either I am a crazy person or I am just a normal writer. Here is a list that might determine if you are a writer.
You know you're a writer when:
(1) You go to bed and you dream about your writing projects or all the potential articles you can write.
(2) You are constantly thinking about your next article, journal entry, or blog post.
(3) You frequently find yourself scrounging for any piece of paper, napkin, or envelope to write your ideas down before you forget them.
(4) You find those scraps of paper, napkins, or envelopes everywhere - in your glove box, your purse, on your desk, in your junk drawer...you get the point!
(5) When every little thing your children, spouse, or dog does is a potential story or article being developed in your mind.
(6) When you go to deliver the water bill and find notes written on the envelope. You quickly scribble the notes on another scrap, shrug your shoulders, and deliver the bill!
Based on my very own set of standards, perhaps I am a writer after all. What are some of your "You know you're a writer when..." standards?