- If you have a burning desire in your heart to string words together in order to create a written piece of work you might just be a writer. This work can be anything from a resume, to a press release, to a book. These are all creative expressions and are thoughtful and artistic in their own way - they are created by writers.
- If you find yourself reading articles, books, or anything else of that nature, and you are suddenly stricken with an idea to write then you might just be a writer. These ideas don't always come while reading though. Sometimes it's while you are doing the mundane tasks of every day living like washing the dishes.
- If you often find yourself running for a scrap of paper, a napkin, or something that you can write an idea down on before you forget it, then you are quite possibly a writer. Of course, then finding these scraps in all locations around your house is also a good indication.
- You might especially be a writer if you are one who has ideas, but forgets them before you get a chance to write them down. It is so frustrating when this happens. Of course, it's always those ideas that would have been your best story yet - maybe even your Pulitzer Prize winner!
- If you sit down to write, but then become immobilized by your fear of what might or might not happen - like failure, success, or the fear that someone might actually read it - and instead you do a load of laundry, then you might be a writer.
- If you find yourself reading blogs, books and magazines on writing all the time, then you better get on it because a writer is surely living inside of your heart.
- If you write anything, even if it's only journaling, and what you write is coming from your heart, then you are a writer!
These are only a few examples that popped into my head - things that I often experience or feel. It's different for everyone. For many it's a very private and personal thing, and for others there's nothing quite like seeing their own creations in print. What defines being a writer in your eyes?